Global Acceleration Academy Membership
Terms and Condition
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are applicable to our Global Acceleration Academy Membership program (the “Program”).
ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION FOR THE PROGRAM
1. You must become a member (“Member”) of the Program before you may participate in any of the activities arranged by Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (the “HKSTP”) ].
2. In order to become a Member, you are required to complete the corresponding registration form (the “Registration”).
3. PRIOR TO PROCEEDING WITH THE REGISTRATION AND BECOMING A MEMBER, YOU MUST AGREE WITH AND PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT AND ACCEPTANCE TO THE TERMS. IF YOU ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH THE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAM AND BECOME A MEMBER.
All references of “You” herein shall include the person who is completing the Registration and/or the company stated in such Registration (the “Company”).
Without prejudice to the generality of the Terms, by proceeding further and becoming a Member, you represent, warrant and undertake as follows :
- discriminatory against race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or otherwise;
- sexually explicit;
- inclined to promote or incite violence;
- defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening or abusive; and
- damaging to the reputation and operation of HKSTP and/or the Program,
You agree that you will indemnify and hold HKSTP harmless on demand from and against all claims, actions liabilities, costs, expenses, loss or damage (including but not limited to consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) incurred by HKSTP arising from or relating to (directly or indirectly) any default or any violation of any or your obligations under the Terms.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3. In addition and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, all information (including but not limited to Personal Data) (“Information”) collected through the Registration or the Program may be used and processed for the following purposes:
- based on request made by any third party, Information may be forwarded to such third party for the purpose of business & investment matching;
- Information may be reviewed by HKSTP staff and for HKSTP to share such information and content with third parties who are engaged by HKSTP to assist in reviewing and processing the Registration and/or the Program;
Global Acceleration Academy Programme
means the account that must be created by a user to become a participant of the GAA Programme;
|“GAA Programme”||refers to the Global Acceleration Academy Programme run by HKSTP which is primarily aimed at connecting up-and-coming startups with world-class enterprises to help them localise their innovation and achieve success in the Asian market and beyond;|
|“Hong Kong”||means the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China;|
|“Information”||means information, data, content, analysis, news, reports, programmes, photographs, pictures, graphics, video, audio, software and other materials and services, communications, transmissions and other items, tangible or intangible on the Website which includes but is not limited to information in relation to the GAA Programme;|
|“personal data”||means personally identifying information or sensitive data (including but not limited to names, ages, addresses, occupations, contacts, other personal details and credit card information);|
|“HKSTP”, “we”, “our” or “us”||refers to the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation;|
|“HKSTP Affiliates” “Our Affiliates”||means HKSTP's agents or licensors, and their respective agents, officers, affiliates and employees;|
|“Third Party Provider”||means any provider of Information or services (including third party sponsors and collaborators) on the Website other than HKSTP;|
|“users”, “you” or “your”||means any person who accesses the Website;|
|“Website”||means the website at this URL web address: https://gaa.info.hkstp.org/en which contains, among other things, Information on the GAA Programme including the online application form for users wishing to participate in the GAA Programme.|
1.3 Likewise, we may, in our sole discretion and at any time, without notice to you, add to, amend or remove any aspects of any Information on the Website, or alter the presentation, substance, or functionality of the Website.
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable Information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains any virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, exploit or use in any way any Information obtained through the Website for or in connection with the following purposes:
- conducting any direct marketing activities and/or disseminating or circulating any part of the content of any unsolicited publicity or advertising materials;
- advertising and/or promoting any goods and services;
- sale or exchange of any part of the Information obtained through the Website for any benefits, gain, profit or rewards; or
- any other commercial purposes; and/or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, Information obtained through or from the Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner or holder of any such right.
3.3 You are solely responsible for the content that you publish or upload to the Website and for the transfer of technologies or information with which you are involved. HKSTP and HKSTP Affiliates expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility thereto.
3.4 You acknowledge and warrant to HKKSTP and HKSTP Affiliates that all intellectual property rights subsisting in the content and materials of your GAA Programme application (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights in relation to your business operations, products, services and technology) belong to you or have been lawfully licenced to you for commercial application by the rightful owner of such rights.
4.2 Whilst we implement appropriate security measures to control access to the Website, you must keep your log-in details (including passwords) confidential and ensure that only you or your authorized representatives (such as your employees) have access the Website for proper purposes. You agree to inform us without delay if there is an unauthorized use of your Account or a security breach, such as loss or theft of your login information.
5.2 HKSTP is not responsible if any such content provided by Third Party Providers is not up-to-date; HKSTP does not separately verify such content. Accordingly we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such content. Any use of and reliance on such content is at the sole risk of the user of the Website. HKSTP and HKSTP Affiliates accept no responsibility for or liability in respect of such content, nor does it endorse such Third Party Providers. You acknowledge and accept that any dispute arising out of or in relation to any such content that you may have is unrelated to HKSTP and is solely a matter between you and the relevant Third Party Provider.
5.3 Views, comments and opinions, if any, that are expressed or made on the Website by any Third Party Providers do not represent the views of or any endorsement by HKSTP and you are reminded to rely on your own judgement and assessment in determining the reliability and accuracy of any such opinions.
6.2 Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement by HKSTP of such websites or the content, products, advertising or other materials available on those websites.
8.2 For the purposes of our Website and to enable us to effectively implement the GAA Programme, you grant to HKSTP and HKSTP Affiliates a non-exclusive license, free of charge, for the entire world and for the duration of your user relationship with us, to use the content and data that you submit onto or through the Website (including your company name and logo). Specifically, you authorize us to display, distribute, publish, reproduce, represent, adapt, use and translate any content you provide (including your company name and logo), and to broadcast it via the Website and any other communication protocol and to share it with the public in any form for the purposes of promoting and implementing the GAA Programme.
IN JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF LIABILITY, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY INFORMATION, MATERIAL, PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH US OR OUR WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY INDICATED BY HKSTP.
- the Information on the Website is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
- the Information on the Website is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
- messages sent through the internet (including those that are related to the GAA Programme) will be free from interception, corruption, error, delay or loss;
- access to the Website will be available or be uninterrupted;
- use of the Website or your participation will achieve any particular result; or
- defects and/or inaccuracies in the Website will be corrected.
13. Independent Third Party
For the avoidance of doubt, although you may be described as a “partner” of the GAA Programme, neither HKSTPC, any HKSTP Affiliates nor you have any intention to form any partnership under any law, nor to create agency, joint venture, joint group, association or fiduciary relationship of any kind.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction